Well, I made it through my first year of college! I decided one day to reminisce about this time, this is what I came up with:
What I Learned During My First Year of College
· My family is the best friend I have
· Studying for tests actually helps
· My mother is quite possibly the best cook on the face of the earth
· Groceries are expensive
· Vegetables taste good
· Sleep is a wonderful thing
· 10:30 classes are the best!
· College boys are cooler than high school boys
· Grilled cheese sandwiches are like manna from heaven
· Aggie basketball games are crazy fun
· If I write letters to missionaries, I get mail. That rocks.
· Eating an entire Beto’s burrito is a bad idea
· Reading my scriptures makes my day better
· If I don’t drink the milk, it goes bad
· Hair belongs connected to heads, not weaved into the carpet
· Dishes don’t do themselves
· An abundance of hair clogs the vacuum
· Procrastinating is all too easy
· My roommates are the bomb!
· I should always be myself no matter what everyone else thinks
· Roommates can be just as fun as having a boyfriend (sometimes more fun!)
· Talking to my parents instead of hiding things from them makes life a lot easier, who knew?!
· Girls go through toilet paper like it’s water
· Having a doctorate degree doesn’t make someone a good teacher
· Lysol is good stuff
· There is more than one way to get to Providence, but we always take the wrong one
· Pat Benatar has the best dance moves
· Facebook is like a drug
· I can eat a whole box of Shells and White Cheddar in one sitting
· Lion King holds great symbolism to the gospel
· Getting my hopes up that summer will appear in Logan is completely pointless
· It takes more than one stamp to mail a letter to Canada
· If the stove catches fire, don’t scream at it, that doesn’t ‘t help
· And finally, my Heavenly Father and Savior are always there for me no matter what I need. Whether it's praying about a test, whether or not to leave the country, or even just about a silly crush. I can always turn to them in my time of need. In my first year of college, I learned to be grateful.


Yay, GREAT post!!! :) Love ya
ReplyDeleteI've just barely learned some of those things. Shells & White Cheddar mixed with frozen broccoli & cauliflower was my lunch every day, for a while, when I was in college. Love that stuff, but not all that good for ya'. But, you're only young once, right?
ReplyDeleteWow! What an amazing journey!
ReplyDeleteHey congrats on your engagement! That's so neat. I have been looking at your blog and love this post =) Hope all is well. You're darling!
ReplyDelete