Ok, so I have spent some tome looking at everyone's blog, and I can't help but notice how cute they all are. How do I go about designing my own?
And also, how do I get other people to show up on my blog. Apparently I'm not as tech savvy as I thought. Oops.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm not tech savvy either, so maybe my advice will be the hard way to do it. But if you want other people's blogs listed on your own, you need to go into the "Customize" menu from the Dashboard. Then you have to hand paste in the urls one by one under the "http" field. Then you name them, save them, and that's it! Michelle did a way cooler thing... a blogroll list. Mine is just a list of urls. I'm not as cool as Michelle. ;)
ReplyDeleteI probably shouldn't post any advice either since I have only had a blog for 1 WHOLE WEEK :)!! However, I had a good idea of what I wanted my blog to look like so I did some searching and found some different blogger templates that I could customize. http://www.ourblogtemplates.com/2008/03/browse-all-blogger-templates.html Save the one you like to your hard drive. Then click on the layout tab and select "Edit HTML." There is a option to upload a template from your hard drive. Click "browse" and find the template you saved. Click "upload" and your blog should look like the template you chose. You can create your own header images in Photoshop elements (or a similar program). All you have to know is the width of the header you need (i.e. how many pixels wide). Create a new document with the pixel width your template suggests and whatever height you want. If you click the layout tab that comes up after you log in, there should be something that says "Header" and an "edit" link. Hopefully that helps some. Like I said, I am very new to this and I still have a lot to learn about how to customize a blog. Laurel--thanks for your advice. It will help me, too.
ReplyDeleteIf the above doesn't make sense, it is because I typed it while holding a fussy baby. It took me a while and I didn't proofread. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteOops. I forgot the middle step. After you click on "Customize" you have to click on "Add a Page Element" (or I think they may have recently renamed it a "gadget"). Then add "blogroll" or "list of links," either one will work. Then paste in the urls in the "http" field and name your links (i.e., Laurel's blog). That sounds more confusing than it is!
ReplyDeleteHey! I just found your blog on Laurels and I'm excited to keep up with what you're doing! Tell Jana she needs to do one, too!
ReplyDeleteI don't know about you, but after reading these comments, my head is swimming. I just stick to the boring old basics. I was proud of myself just to change the colors on my template. Shwoo!
ReplyDelete