Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Sunday With Sophie

Once upon a time, when I was but a wee one, I asked my pappy for a puppy. He said "no". As I grew in years, I continued to prod my parents for a dear puppy to call me own. The answer stayed constant, a solid "no". I threatened my dad that one day when I was married I'd have three really BIG dogs, and I'd make him babysit them. He told me that he'd just open the door and let them run away. (true story)

Well, luckily for me, my husband gave in to my unrelenting pleadings for a puppy. Here she is! Our new Sophie!

She decided that this was "her" chair and she took her first nap of the day.
Five seconds later she rolled over and looked like this:
Right as she wakes up, she is ready to play. She loves her rope.


This is my first ever video on the blog. Sorry it's poor quality.



Sophie is so much fun! She is such a cuddler and I love it! She slept all cuddled up next to me for over an hour today. James was sleeping on the floor by us and all of a sudden, Sophie jumped up and started barking at him. I guess she was protecting me from the "stranger".

And we've only had to clean up a few "accidents" she is learning quickly though!

4 comments:

  1. That is one CUTE little puppy! Never let Uncle Darrell babysit him. He's too cute to make it on the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Heidi, I love it!!! Glad it is you taking care of her and not me, I will be the proud Aunt of cute Sophie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute puppy! You are lucky to have such a sweet husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw little Sophie is adorable! I bet she's really fun to play with :)

    ReplyDelete