Well, the rumors are true! I'M ENGAGED!!! It happened last night, October 6, 2009.
First, James has his pilot's license, so we went flying:
The handsome pilot!
Looking over Logan. If you look closely, you can see my apartment
We switched places mid-air, and I drove the plane... not really.
Lookin' "FLY"
Co-pilot in chief
Then we climbed the Wind Caves up Logan canyon. This was also the destination of our first date:
This is how it went down: First, for the last week or so, James has been taking my CTR ring off my right hand and placing it on my left saying he is "just practicing". Well, we're sitting there drinking some hot chocolate, and I hand James the empty mug he takes it and puts it away in his backpack (this was when he grabbed the ring and put it on his pinkie). Simultaneously, he touches my face, and his hand is FREEZING, so I take his hand and try to warm it up (this is where he freaks out because I might grab the other hand and discover the ring too soon). He does some quick thinking, and feels my CTR ring "What's that doing there?!". James takes off my CTR ring and both of my gloves. He took a bit to put the "CTR ring" back on my finger, so this is when I caught on. I said "that's not the same ring!" (I couldn't see it, it was dark in the cave) and promptly put the flashlight on it. Then he asked me if I'd marry him, and I of course, said "YES"!
Texting the whole world the news.
The ROCK! I love it so much!
We will be married on December 16th at the Logan, Utah LDS temple. Can't wait!


YAY! The best blog post ever! I am so excited for you! What a cute couple you two make. And you both look very happy. CONGRATULATIONS!
ReplyDeleteThe ring is beautiful!! We are so happy for both of you!! Tell James good job for tricking you! I am glad that it was a surprise for you. I love you!!
ReplyDeletePS... Is this why you were "EXCITED" on Facebook last month? :)
ReplyDeleteLaurel,
ReplyDeleteYes. That was the day we decided on December to get married. And this is also why it took me so long to post about James--I was enjoying watching all my cousins wonder. :)
Speaking for "the cousins:" I think we have all been "wondering" if something like this was in the works. What an exciting time! The next couple of months are going to be crazy and wonderful all at the same time. Enjoy them! Thanks for helping us meet him through pictures!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Heidi!! What a cute little way of asking. I love it :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Heidi and James!! What a cute engagement story. James, you are marrying a great girl and into an awesome family. I am so excited for the both of you!!! Now let's pray for no snow on that day. We want to get through Sardine Canyon for the reception! :)
ReplyDeleteI think the title of this post would make a great title for your blog. Being engaged and planning a wedding will consume your whole life for the next couple months. Enjoy it!
Yay, congrats again, girl! You guys look way cute together. (I especially like the beginning pictures where your little green matchy-matchy was going on.) I think I basically said everything when I called you... I'm still pretty speechless! SO EXCITED.
ReplyDeleteIf you need anything, let me know! Love ya!
-L
SO excited for you BOTH! I love Natalie's idea about the blog name. That's creative!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS guys! I can't wait to hear how the next couple of months go. Details...please?! I think it brings back so many great memories for us all! ENJOY!
HEIDOKU!!! I'm SOOOOO excited for you :) You guys look so good together, and I hope to meet him sometime soon. I love you
ReplyDeleteI'm sooo stoked for you two!! :) Married life rocks! Congrats!!!! December will be here before you know it! :)
ReplyDelete